Coronavirus: Support for Parents and Carers
Parenting resources in 90 different languages
Parenting for Lifelong Health has developed a suite of online parenting resources during COVID-19. It includes information on topics like keeping calm and managing stress, talking about Covid-19, learning through play and much more.
You can access the resources at: https://www.covid19parenting.com/
SELF CARE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS
In circumstances like these, when you are needed to do more and more, it is too easy to allow self-care to be the first thing that we all let drop. However, maintaining your own resources and keeping regulated is going to be important to us all.
- Have a look at this Be Kind to Yourself sheet developed by the DSPL3 Outreach Team
- MIND has a very useful Coronavirus and your wellbeing section on their website
- Every Mind Matters provides general information about looking after your mental health which would be relevant during this challenging time as much as at any other time and provides top tips to improve emotional wellbeing:
- This Zero to Three resource contains ideas for self-care
- Psychology Today reminds us to take a balanced approach
- Headspace has a free trial which introduces guided meditation/mindfulness practices
- Katy Bowman’s website Nutritious Movement has a wealth of resources and ideas for integrating more natural movement into daily life, helpful when you aren’t able to get out as much as usual.
- Make a Nest!
- How to protect your mental health (BBC)
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing (Mind UK)
- 5 ways to wellbeing (Mindkit)
- A document produced by Hertfordshire Educational Psychology Service to support families at this time
- The PIES Wellness Wheel
- Psychology Today – Seven Types of Self Care Activities
- 10 Self care lessons you can learn from a Counsellor
- How to develop and practise self regulation