Emotionally Based School Avoidance
This guidance is primarily aimed at parents and carers of children who are at the early stages of EBSA (Emotionally Based School Avoidance) and those for whom school is just beginning to be a major source of anxiety and a cause for concern. This booklet will help you to:
- Understand more about anxiety and school avoidance;
- Understand the link between EBSA and SEN;
- Let you know why it is so important for you to work together closely with your child's school;
- Help you understand what your child's school can do to support your child;
- Let you know what you can do to support your child to feel better about going to school;
- Share information about other services that can support you and your child through this difficult time.