Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Children's Wellbeing Practioners Service Website
Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners are trained to deliver guided self-help interventions for anxiety, low mood and behavioural difficulties in children:
- Child Anxiety (Parent led for children aged 5-11)
- Child Behavioural Problems (Parent led for children aged 5-8. Older children may be accepted in some instances)
- Adolescent Anxiety (For young people aged 11-19)
- Adolescent Low Mood (For young people aged 11-19
Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners are unable to work with children/young people who are currently actively self-harming or who are currently actively suicidal (having thoughts with intent and/or a plan). In cases of emergencies or when urgent support is needed please contact Single Point of Access (SPA) on: 0800 6444 101 or NHS 111. If the child/young person is seriously unwell or injured, dial 999 for the emergency services or go to your nearest A&E department.
Operating hours: The service operates Monday to Friday, 9am and 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
Emotional wellbeing workshops are run throughout the year for parents/carers and young people. These workshops are currently being delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams and a referral into the service is not required to access workshops.The following workshops are either currently available or will be available later in the year:
- Child emotional wellbeing & regulation
- Emotional wellbeing for adolescents
- Child sleep difficulties
- Adolescent sleep difficulties
- Child self-esteem
- Adolescent self-esteem
- School Transitions
- Exam stress
You can book a place onto a workshop via Eventbrite.